Can you write copy that makes people take notice?
Progressive Business Publications (PBP) has a full-time, career opportunity for a talented Assistant Editor. Ideal candidates are recent college graduates, or those with one to two years’ professional writing experience, who are eager to grow their writing and research skills in the field of specialty information and business publishing.
Assistant Editors work closely with and are mentored by our experienced Editorial team. The longer-term goal for our Assistant Editors is to become an Editor-in-Chief, able to produce high-quality content for online and printed publications in areas like finance, environmental compliance, employment law, healthcare, sales and marketing, workplace safety and more.
PBP’s Editorial team is comprised of seasoned journalists, writers and legal experts who came from top-notch websites and blogs, major metropolitan newspapers, community weeklies, trade and consumer publications, academia, news radio and elsewhere.
What does it take to succeed?
- Superior research, reporting and writing skills. Many of our best Editors have come from community newspapers. Others have done trade reporting. Our senior Editors have come from top newspaper, wire service, magazine and broadcast companies. These include USA Today, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Legal Intelligencer, sports magazines, all-news radio stations and others.
- Willingness to gain knowledge of a specific field. Most of our Editors gained a deep understanding of a business specialty after they arrived here.
- Willingness to take on the unique challenges of the publishing industry. We produce high-quality business newsletters and news-driven websites with the latest and most essential kinds of information to help businesspeople do their jobs better.
What kind of people fit in at PBP?
- They’re bright.
- They have strong values.
- They’re eager to learn something new.
- They’re eager to work in a high-performance environment.
- They’re committed to continuous learning.
- They’re team players who thrive in a collegial environment.
- They embrace accountability.
PBP has a proven growth track record and we can provide you with an engaging, motivating environment in which to build your career. During the past decade we have successfully launched over 10 new, significant businesses. These launches have transformed PBP from a traditional B2B newsletter company into a specialized information and executive education provider, as well as an e-commerce powerhouse. Our customer-focused company serves hundreds of thousands of companies of all sizes on a national basis — including the Fortune 1000.
PBP is a high-performance, non-political, debt-free company with an emphasis on continuous learning and long-term thinking. We’re a recognized industry leader in transforming our business from traditional print to internet / web-based revenue streams. We empower our people to achieve excellence and provide excellent employee benefits and perks, including a generous 401(k) match and annual profit sharing. PBP is located in Malvern, PA.
To learn more about why people are attracted to our company, please visit our main website: www.pbp.com.
We also invite you to learn more about our deep commitment to giving back by visiting our philanthropy site: http://www.progressivebusinesspublicationsphilanthropy.com/
To apply please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org