Exciting growth opportunity for a candidate skilled in B2B, digital content development and content marketing. Our online media division seeks a Digital Content Developer to create content and oversee all content initiatives, scheduling and production by in-house and freelance writers. Ensures consistent quality and attainment of goals to drive website traffic, engagement and leads.
The candidate should be well-versed in all formats of digital content, keyword & content research, content promotion, web analytics and content measurement. Will work closely with division leadership and marketing to develop and evaluate the content strategy that drives tangible business objectives.
Additionally, we offer the opportunity for this person to grow into a management role to supervise a team of digital content writers, as well as demonstrate increased content marketing capabilities.
Ultimately this role requires the person to think like a publisher, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive traffic and leads. This includes:
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports both short- and long-term goals. Continuous evolvement of strategy based on results is a must.
- Producing content that supports traffic and lead generation goals.
- Ensuring all content is consistent in terms of style, quality, accuracy, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email and mobile.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices for content creation, curation, repurposing and promotion.
- Editing, training (and ultimately supervising) in-house writers and freelancers. Serving as the arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing and style.
- Developing content measurements and conducting content audits to determine what works, what doesn’t and why. Making recommendations for additional or revised content based on those results.
Success is measured based on achieving measurable content performance goals and consistent deployment of quality content. Success criteria include:
- Website traffic and lead generation growth.
- An increase in key SEO metrics, specifically links, search engine rankings and social shares.
- Positive brand recognition and mentions.
- Development and improvement of the content team.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field.
- 3-5 years of writing and editing experience with emphasis on digital content creation of all formats.
- Experience with creating compelling content for different target markets.
- This role requires a combined marketing and publishing mindset, with the most important aspect being to think “audience first.” Specific skills required include:
- Proven editorial skills and outstanding command of the English language.
- Skill with long-form, evergreen content creation, conversion content (content upgrades, downloadables, etc.), visual content (infographics) and real-time (trending/news) content creation.
- The ability to think like an educator, uncovering and understanding what the audience needs to know (based on keyword, competitive and audience research) and how they want to consume it.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content (e.g. links, shares, viral traffic, conversion, etc.).
- The ability to lead and inspire content creators to achieve division’s goals.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines utilizing internal team and freelancers as needed.
- Familiarity with SEO principles, content promotion and distribution tactics.
- Basic technical understanding of HTML5 and CSS to handle core web publishing.
- Fluency in WordPress, Google Analytics and content measurement.
- Interest in software & technology markets.
This opportunity resides in our Better Buys for Business division, an online hub for business software news, trends, resources and reviews. We partner with leading vendors and connect them with our audience. We’re looking to rapidly expand our site and enter new markets. Learn more at: http://www.betterbuys.com
We’re part of PBP, a 26-year-old, high-performance, non-bureaucratic company with an emphasis on continuous learning and long-term thinking. Our engaging and entrepreneurial, high growth environment supports empowerment of people to achieve excellence and provides differentiated rewards based on employee performance. Over 50% of salaried employees have been with our company 5 years or more, and 35% for 10 or more years. Excellent employee benefits including a generous 401(k) match and annual profit sharing, along with work/life balance and a supportive work environment, are provided.
To learn more about why people are attracted to our company, please visit our main website: www.pbp.com as well as our philanthropy site: http://www.progressivebusinesspublicationsphilanthropy.com/
TO APPLY: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org