Email Marketing Leader
Progressive Business Publications (PBP) is a high volume B2B emailer with several highly active divisions. This position is for a senior executive to lead our email channel strategy and execution.
PBP is a successful, privately-held, historically innovative and entrepreneurial company, with a track record of growth and financial stability. We’re debt free and have been profitable for over 20 straight years. Our digital management and email strategy is currently going through a forward looking transition.
This is a dream situation for an entrepreneurial “get it done” leader who welcomes a key leadership role in a values-based environment, free of large company bureaucracy and short term private equity players. We think long-term, have a strong balance sheet and empower our people of talent.
This role is substantial as we currently send several billion content engagement and solicitation emails per year across our various E-commerce B2B business information and training product divisions.
- Be a self-starter with deep understanding of the email channel metrics, inbox delivery, conversions and the tools and systems necessary for success.
- Have a proven track record in developing strategic B2b customer acquisition plans and the ability to make data-driven decisions are a must. Experience deploying high-volume campaigns with high frequency is important.
The Key Accountability is to:
- Lead our email strategy across several product groups, including audience segmentation, content and messaging, email design, and campaign execution, leading to increased inbox delivery and conversions.
- Partner with the business unit leaders to execute the strategy and advise on technology and infrastructure needs to scale high volume, high frequency campaigns
- 5+ years related experience and successful business performance in mid-sized entrepreneurial environment, preferably for a publishing, e-commerce or direct marketing company.
- Relevant BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred and demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility in online email marketing.
- Expert understanding of delivery and inbox penetration, conversions, email success metrics, marketing best practices and knowledge of ISP / ESP best practices & techniques.
- Strategic thinker that can separate the important from unimportant, develop hypothesis and test for results.
- Self-starter, team player that can work with cross-functional teams and has high energy with ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast paces, changing environment.
If this is an opportunity that intrigues you, please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining how you think your background aligns with our business to: email@example.com